Happy Mother’s Day to all the beautiful, hard-working mamas of the world! In honor of this special day, I’m hosting a seven-word essay contest. What seven words best describe your mom? Leave your “mini essay” in the comment box below and share what is/was unique about your mother. Humor is welcome! The winner will have his or her essay posted on my blog along with a photo of you and your mom.
Here’s mine: Loving, supportive character with fabulous funny bone.
See if you can NAME THAT PHOTOGRAPHER from the following five clues:
1) This photographer dropped out of school in sixth grade and soon after built his or her first camera.
2) This photographer famously said: “Optimism, unaccompanied by personal effort, is merely a state of mind and not fruitful.”
3) This photographer was born in Wisconsin, moved to Minnesota, then later to Seattle, eventually settling in Los Angeles.
4) To earn money this photographer worked as an uncredited assistant cameraperson for Cecil B. DeMille during the filming of The Ten Commandments.
5) This photographer’s collection at the Library of Congress offers us an extensive look back into our history with more than 2,400 silver-gelatin, first generation photographic prints – some of which are sepia-toned – made from original glass negatives.
Leave your guess in the comment box below and check back tomorrow to see if you are correct.
Take a peek at the photograph below and try to guess where in the world it was taken. Drop your answer in the comment box and check back tomorrow to see if you are right.
This picture deserves a caption. Send me your best by Sunday, February 19th.
Simply leave your caption in the comment box below. The winner will be crowned with the title “Most Creative” on Monday, February 20th, and will be emailed a $10 Amazon gift card. Okay, so it’s not exactly big bucks, but hey, it’s all about the fun anyway!