This morning I was so filled with disgust about the toddlers running our government that I was ready to write a rant like no other. But then I stopped before I even got started, deciding that my writing tantrum would be akin to their childish behavior. And there’s nothing more absurd than grown, thinking people carrying on like two-year olds when they don’t get their way.
I also decided that I didn’t want to waste another ounce of my precious energy on all this negativity. So off went CNN. Away went every browser blasting headlines about the shutdown. And up went my blog.
Hello awesome peeps!
I decided the best way to counteract these ninnies in Washington is to surround myself with positive, creative, motivated people like YOU.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m mad as hell like everybody else, and feel our elected officials are an embarrassment to our nation right now, but I can see beyond these self-absorbed nitwits to our extraordinary country, which is brimming with smart, caring, talented and creative people.
So what do you think? Instead of giving our so-called “leaders” any more of our attention as they puff and spout and lay on the floor kicking their arms and legs, what do you say we tune them out and DWELL IN POSITIVITY? As in…
- Positively sit down and create something exquisite today.
- Positively do something nice for somebody–because no matter what else goes on in the world, you can always be nice.
- Positively make a small difference in the life of somebody important to you.
- Positively champion an attitude than can make things happen for the better.
- Positively support those who chose to lead by optimism and fearlessness.
- Positively take steps to be the person you want to be, regardless of anything else going on around you.